Whale Watching Tours
Whale Watching - November to April(High Season) and July- September(Law Season)
The whale watching season in Mirissa runs from November through to April and July to September, with the best chance of sightings from December to March because of sea is not rough. You will have a chance of spotting Blue Whales, Fin Whales and even Sperm whales in these waters along with a variety of dolphins.
Blue whales - the largest creatures on Earth - Humpback whales, Dolphins, Sperm whales, Orcas (killer whales), flying fish, can all seen a few miles off the South Coast of Sri Lanka.
The Whales and Dolphins come to this region to feed on the Small fish that comes to the Indean Ocean. There are three pods (families) of Whales that return to this area every year and they consist of approximately 40 - 60 whales. These Whales are matriarchal meaning that the eldest female leads the group.
"We had a great time on our trip, and I'd recommend Mirissa Whale Watch to any other groups, definitely." ~ Dave Woodfield (Aircraft Engineer in British Airways) from England
Our 3 to 5 Hour Tours
- Discover Orcas, Blue Whales, Dolphins, Flying Fish, Spem Whales and more
- Over 90% success rate sighting dolphins & 80% success rate sighting whales
- Our Guarantee – Should you not see a whale, come again for free until you do, for life, no expiry
- Travel through the spectacular Gulf in Mirissa South cost Sri Lanka
- Have a professional naturalist on board who discusses the marine ecosystem.
- Breakfast on the board (sandwich, egg, fruit plate and bottle of water) is included in the price.
- Complimentary water and snack
- Fully licensed Boat & Passengers are fully insured.
- Free transport service is avalibale for those who stay closed to mirissa.(Range Within 3Km)
Click here for more Images
Rates & Departure Times
(with valid ID)
Speed Liner ( Luxury Boat )
* Children must be a minimum of 8 years of age to ride the Lightship.
* Make sure to Bring your Passport or NIC for the harbor security reasons.
|Departure Times||Date||Trip Length||Description About The Season|
|6:30 - 7:00 AM||November - April||3 - 5 Hours||Best Season for Whale Watching|
|6:30 - 7:00 AM||July - September||3 - 5 Hours||Normal Season for Whale Watching|
- Tours not recommended for those suffering from neck/back problems, persons in frail health or pregnant women
- Children 3 and under free of charge (must be accompanied by an adult)
- 48 hour cancellation policy
- Rates and departures subject to change without notice
- We reserve the right to cancel any trip due to weather conditions, mechanical problems or unforseen circumstances
- We reserve the right to substitute vessels